Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Apartment Dilemma

Ever since we finished the grading, and ETS turned us loose, I have walked all over downtown looking for an apartment. I viewed this one place at 10th and H streets but it is a little far from the university for my tastes, again about 10 blocks. Rent is only $350 though. But on my way back I ran into these hole-in-the-wall apartment buildings thar reminded me of the one in Batteries Not Included. There's three of them, all closer to UNL, but I wonder about their condition -- from the outside they look like they are only one step above flophouses. So here's the plan thus far:
1. Go back home without signing a lease.
2. Call the places where I really want to stay on July 1 to see if something has opened up for August 1.
3. If not, then leave anyway and when I roll into town, check out one of these small brick apartment buildings.
4. If they are at least acceptable then take it. Otherwise take one of these sort-of-close-to-UNL apartments. There don't appear to be a shortage of these.

I'll be attaching a map shortly.

No comments: