Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This Is The End

The car is packed up and ready to go. All that's left is to get an oil change, some bottled water, and sunscreen. It's hard to believe that this day has finally arrived. The day I am moving out of my garage apartment in La Grande. The day that I begin my sabbatical year in Lincoln. The day that I am free (temporarily) from the daily grind of university life. I'm looking forward to the adventure but I'm also going to miss the people I won't see for a year, including:

Kat, Jo, Mona, Kimberly, Ryan, Josh, Anna, Ron, Colin, Abel, Calvin, Sue, Jim, Colleen, Steve, Joe, Shaun, Richard, Frederick, Suranga, John, Vickie, Dean Marilyn, Kerry, Joe, Tom, Tony, Phil, Kevin, Peter, Jessica, Doug, and probably a bunch more that I can't think of right now. And of course Jeannie. Can't forget Jeannie. Oh and of course my wonderful research students that I am leaving behind, especially Wade, Nick and Emily.

Well, it is time to go. This is the end, my friend.

No comments: