Monday, March 3, 2008

Corn-Fed Dreams

So I find myself frequently daydreaming about what it will be like on sabbatical in Lincoln. Take today, for instance. I'm at the gym here in La Grande (only two, BTW - the EOU gym and the Grande Ronde Fitness Center), and it is adequately equipped, but I just know the one that I will join in Lincoln will be so much better. Sure GRFC has a hot tub in the men's locker room...but the one in Lincoln will be much nicer and bigger. And GRFC has five elliptical machines, but the Lincoln gym will have AT LEAST twice as many! Did I say "gym", as in singular? There are oodles of gyms to choose from. In fact, here is just one that I am considering. I cannot wait to find out what a "Cardio Theatre" is. But, more seriously, I think I will probably join the downtown Lincoln YMCA, as I hope to be able to walk to and from work, as well as to and from the gym.

No comments: