Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quick Update - The Corn Maze

So for Halloween this year I didn't go trick-or-treating but I thought I would try out the "world's largest corn maze" which is - you guessed it - right here in Nebraska, only about 15 miles from Lincoln. The bottom line is that I never want to experience any kind of maze, corn or otherwise, again. Here are a few pictures that perhaps illustrate why this is so.



First, there was the pumpkin launcher. Actually this did look like fun, but it was more for kids. Those rubber bands sure hurled those pumpkins a long way. Oh, and note the condition of the sky. It's close to dusk.



Here is the beginning of the corn maze.



Here is a view of the barn from inside the maze.



More corn. Hey look, it's getting a little darker.



Look, it's more corn!



Wouldn't you know it. More corn.



There's a &%$^&load of corn. And now it's almost completely dark and I have no flashlight.

After a while I latched on to some other people who did have flashlights and I just followed them out. Overall it took me about 1.5 hours to navigate the maze. The sign at the entrance said the estimated time of completion was 45-60 minutes. Yeah right.

These things are more for kids. And I am too old to deliberately try to get myself lost. I do that often enough with my own research projects!

No comments: